(INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.) – The Thomas More University men's and women's bowling team competed in the Western Shootout on Oct. 20 and 21. The women finished 17th place at the end of the weekend while the men placed 20th.
- The women finished with 4,504 points during regulation play and tallied 2,289 points in the Baker games to for a total of 6,793 points.
- First-year Mandi Chafins (Cincinnati, Ohio / Oak Hills) led the Saints with a 168 average and a game-high 199.
- Junior Audrey Wilson (Cincinnati, Ohio/Seven Hills) finished with a 168 average.
- First-year Taylor Evans (Burlington, Ky. / Boone County) finished the regulation matches with a 157 average.
- Senior Katie Laine (Delhi, Ohio/Oak Hills) bowled a 147 average.
- First-year Torie Piskur (Vermillion, Ohio / Vermillion) had a 158 average.
- The Saints finished with a 2,289 total in the Baker games, with a 167 average leading the team and a game high of 203.
- The men finished with 4,990 points during regulation play and tallied 2,462 points in the Baker games for a total of 7,452 points.
- Jake Farley (Fort Thomas, Ky. / Highlands) led the team with a 185 average and a game high of 220.
- Zach Vickers (Florence, Ky. / Boone County) was a close second with an average of 183 and a game high of 214.
- Nathan McGeorge (Milford, Ohio / Milford) finished with a 165 average.
- Austin Crone (Florence, Ky. / Simon Kenton) had a 155 average.
- Max Hennessey (Cincinnati, Ohio / Oak Hills) finished with a 144 average.
- In the Baker games, the team was led by Block 2 with a 186 average.
JUNIOR VARSITY MEN
- The Junior Varsity was aled by Spencer Becknell (Independence, Ky. / Simon Kenton) with an average of 157.
- Jaret Fidler (Bakersfield, Calif. / Centennial) finished second on the team with a 149.
- Shawn Ward (Cincinnati, Ohio / Taylor) finished with an average of 147.
- Thomas More is idle until Nov. 17 when it competes in the Striking Knight Classic in Louisville, Ky.