Mar 19, 2019
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The Thomas More University baseball team fell, 9-1, to Franklin College today (Tuesday, March 19, 2019) at Thomas More Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky. The Saints fall to 5-8 and the Grizzlies improve to 5-3.
- Franklin scored two in the third, one in the fifth, two in the seventh, one in the eighth and three in the ninth, while holding Thomas More to one run in the sixth for the 9-1 win.
- Senior catcher Sam Hauer (Cincinnati, Ohio/Elder) was one-for-four with a run scored.
- First-year pitcher/third baseman Bailey Martin (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) was one-for-two with a run batted-in.
- Senior right fielder Joshua Boeckmann (Cincinnati, Ohio/Elder) and sophomore left fielder Brady Reynolds (White Oak, Ohio/LaSalle) each had a hit in the game.
- Martin suffered the loss on the mound as he pitched four innings giving up two runs (one earned) and struck out three, while not allowing a hit.
- Thomas More will open a three game series with Transylvania University Friday (March 22) when the two teams play a single nine inning game starting at 7 p.m. at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky.
- The two teams will then play a doubleheader on Saturday at Whitaker Bank Ballpark at 1 p.m.